Thursday, September 17, 2009

Aversion to Urban Sprawl...

... I've got it, in spades.  We are resting now in a small arts district in Buffalo, NY.  Chris is reading to me from Ishamael by Daniel Quinn while I try to find us places to sleep online.  We've been making friends with people via their pets, cuddling with park-happy puppies and watching the sun slip through the trees.  We are both looking forward to moving towards smaller cities, although this one does have it's charms.


Riding is easy and smooth... the air is cooler.  I layer up instead of layering down.  I listen to music and enjoy the views of Lake Erie as they come and go.  I steal concord grapes from the vine, and spit out the sours... savor the sweets.  I think my front tire is low, but I don't stop...  I wait.  It's not slowing me down. Here, people own all of the lake-side property.  Everywhere I ride, properties are for sale.  It is quiet, but there is a hidden stress in the air.  The lake, however, is calm and reflective; unconcerned with human affairs.  I am grateful wherever the world is green.


Sending Love,

x Mk

No comments:

Post a Comment